Monday, July 11, 2011

Basic Popover revisited


My neighbor has never had popovers....  so having a simple recipe memorized I told him how to make some.    Not bad at all for a first go.  So very, very tasty as well with butter poured on them.  I was telling him about this lovely new blog of mine to experiment with my popover recipes with,  and well... curiosity! LOL!

Basic popover:
a cup of all purpose flour
a cup of milk
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
He wanted to get fancy so we even added in some ginger and a 1/2 tsp of vanilla.  Yum!  lol!
anyway, mix the dry together, the wet together, and slowly add the wet into the dry; stirring for just a couple of minutes while you preheat the oven to 450.  Pop 'em in for 20 min. then turn down to about 350 for another 20 min. and you have Popovers!  We generally grease the pan with butter of course for added taste as well as a crisper bottom and sides, and to pop out.  :D  Hope you love them.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! I think you've got a great niche in popovers. They are definitely an underappreciated treat, as far as I'm concerned. I absolutely LOVE them! Looking forward to future visits! :)

    ReplyDelete